Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Favorite Technique Challenge with IO Stamps!! =)

Pin It

Favorite Technique Challenge with IO Stamps!!
Hello I'm here to share some cards I have made using one of my Favorite Techniques lately!! CHALKBOARD!!
I decided it would be FUN to use one of the NEW Snowflake Dies and create some Chalkboard Styled Cards!! I thought I would switch it up alittle too and I added some American Crafts WoW Glitter Paper into the mix!! I LOVE the way they turned out!! I started by die cutting the Snowflake several times in both white and glitter cardstock!! Then I took them apart very carefully and then layered them together intermixing both colors together to create some very UNIQUE Snowflakes!! I made several different designs using all of the different layers so I didn't have any wasted die cuts!! I threaded some vintage buttons with some May Arts Burlap Twine and I added them to the center of the Snowflakes for some added dimension!! I then stamped my Sentiments with Versa Mark and Embossed them using White Embossing Powder!! I colored in the Sentiment and over my card with a Faber-Castel White Pastel Pencil for alittle chalk residue!! If you trace the image then rub it off alittle it gives a real chalkboard look and feel to the black cardstock!! I LOVE the way they turned out!! The Glitter paper adds just enough sparkle to make the Snowflakes shine in the light just like real Snowflakes do!! It's hard to get it on film though!!



So if you haven't given the Chalkboard Technique a try I hope I have Inspired you to give a shot!!
It is OH SO FUN!! =)
THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by today and have a Fabulous Week!!

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I think it's the best example of the chalkboard technique that I've seen yet. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut the front door!!! Larissa this is spectacular, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! Totally love it!! I have yet to try the chalkboard technique but yours is the best I have seen yet. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing the Impression Obsession Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many techniques,so little time ! You totally rock the chalkboard look so I'll leave this technique to you. This card is just FABULOUS !! I agree with Katie, your chalkboard look is the best I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are beautiful ! I should try this technique !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swoon! This is absolutely DELISH, Larissa! WOW! Just wow!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)