Friday, June 21, 2013

Don't Let Life Ruffle Your Feathers!! =)

Pin It



HELLO!!
SO GLAD TO BE BACK!! =)
I am still not 100%, but my mojo is live and well!! I have been creating and having a BLAST playing along with some of the challenges!! Today I want to share the card I have made for The Case Study Challenge!! Lisa Spangler is their Guest Muse Designer this month and I am so glad I am able to play along!! It's FUNNY how you can be inspired by almost anything and today my inspiration came from the cover of the Garnet Hill Magazine!! Not only are the colors a PERFECT match for this challenge, but the FUN "quirky" sentiment that I have worked in goes too!! So here is a picture of the Magazine Cover and here is my card!! I LOVE the way it turned out!!





I first cut 5 feathers using the MFT Feather Dies!! I used three small and two large feathers!! I then took my fine point scissors by cutter bee and cut them to make them have a more realistic look!! After I had them all cut I bent them and folded them forward alittle so that they would pop off my card alittle bit more and then I took my Versa Mark Ink pad and covered the tips of my feathers with the ink and I added my embossing powders!! I ended up repeating this process just to get a thicker dose of color!! I used five different colors (from left: Zing~Mustard, Stampin' Up~Turquoise, Adirondack~Stream, Zing~Cricket and Adirondack~Denim)
I then added them to my card front using some tiny pop squares on either side of the fold to make them pop up alittle bit!! I then stamped my sentiment also from MFT Document It-Right On Target Stamp Set in Versa Fine Black Onyx onto a banner and then added some May Arts Black Burlap Twine and two Prima gems to finish it off!! I hope you LOVE it as much as I do!!?? So keep your eyes open the next time you get the mail you might just be inspired by a magazine cover too!! =) Go check out The Case Study Challenge Blog for even more AMAZING Inspiration and play along if you get the chance cause I'd LOVE to see what you create!! =)
THANKS for stopping by today and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!!

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad to hear you're up to crafting again! You've captured this cover perfectly, the feathers look great!!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card Larissa! Lovin' all the colored tipped feathers!

Susie Wittwer said...

Wow! I love your feather card Larissa! I've created a couple of feather cards recently and had so much fun with them.
Congrats on getting published. It's so exciting to get that happy email, isn't it???

Thank you for the comments you left on my blog. It means a lot to me!

P.S. So sorry to read that you've SO sick. Very glad that you're feeling better now!

Jinny Newlin said...

Ooooo! LOVE this to bits and bits and bits, Larissa! What a great effect, and I just love that you chose to stick with the white features. It really makes your secondary palette POP! WOW!

Tasnim said...

Your feathers are gorgeous! Love how you were inspired by the magazine cover. Thanks for joining us at CASE study!

sideoats + scribbles said...

Wow Larissa!!!! Just love this so much!!! xx

Kelly Griglione said...

SO IN LOVE with your dipped feathers, Larissa!! Great colors too.

Barb King said...

This is great, so much dimension! Congrats on your win.

cm said...

Gorgeous card, Larissa - and a well-deserved win!! Have a wonderful Wednesday!!
c

Juliana Michaels said...

WOW! This card and those feathers are super cool!!!

Post a Comment

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)