Sunday, May 5, 2013

Make It Monday Challenge #114 Blown Ink!! =)

Pin It

31

Okay don't you just LOVE this FUN card created by The AMAZING Dawn McVey!! =)
You can watch a video of how she created it on her Blog linked above or on The Paper Trey Ink Blog!!  I just HAD to play along with the FUN Challenge.  I don't have any of the reinkers for my Paper Trey Ink Pads so I had to try and find some matches with the Dirstress Ink Re-Inkers that I have!! After trying all of them out on a scratch piece of paper here is what I came up with!!
I was actually REALLY SHOCKED at how closely these colors matched up here is what I used:
Evergreen Bough Distress Ink---PTI Ocean Tide Premium Dye Ink
Milled Lavender Distress Ink---PTI Plum Pudding Premium Dye Ink
Worn Lipstick Distress Ink---PTI Berry Sorbet Premium Dye Ink
Salty Ocean Distress Ink---PTI Blueberry Sky Premium Dye Ink
I wanted to use four colors like Dawn shared in the video and I also decided to throw Vellum into the mix!! I decided to cover the first card I made with a piece of Vellum to mute out the colors alittle bit!! It was too busy once I added my flowers and the vellum lets the FUN Blowing pattern I got Shine, but yet doesn't make the eye go CRAZY!! I used the blowing technique on oatmeal cardstock I used all four colors and then I used the New Happiness In Bloom Stamp Set and the matching Beautiful Blooms II matching Dies cutting the bottom layer of each flower out of white felt and the other layers out of cardstock making sure I had enough for three flowers!! One large and two smaller!! I stamped the coordinating stamps and used the PTI Inks that matched the Distress Re-Inkers I used for the blowing technique!! I also stamped the leaves and cut them out!! I used Staz-On Timber Brown for my sentiment and added sequins for some fun embellishments!!  (yep the center of the flowers are little BABY SEQUINS!!) Don't you just LOVE these little cuties!!?? I couldn't resist them they are a 2mm size compared to the 5mm size of the other sequins I used!!
I LOVE the way my card came together!! Here are some pictures!!


For my next card I decided to try this technique on the vellum!!
I LOVE the NEAT Design you get when you blow compared to the cardstock!! The ink sets on top and you have a better chance to get it blown out!! If you need you can keep blowing until you get the look you like!! I wanted this one to be more of a Masculine feel so I die cut the Stars and then stamped with the       Stamp Set and some felt!! I used pop dots and some Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to give the stars some added interest!! I stamped my sentiment in Staz-On Timber Brown and I really like the way it all came together!!  Here are some pics!!
 

THANKS for stopping by and have a FABULOUS WEEK!!

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

5 comments:

  1. Larissa, I love both of your cards! Awesome results!! Great idea to use vellum ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larissa, both your cards are so much fun! You have inspired me to go try vellum and my TH reinkers. The PTI reinkers are much darker and intense in color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!! LOVE the way yours branched out!!! These are amazing!!! And those flowers are awesome! I want that die now, hehehe! Beautifully done!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors you used in your MIM!! Came out superb Larissa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, my dear! Love the bright, happy colors! I used to do a similar thing with my kindergartners. It's been a long time ;).

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)