Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Happiness in the Garden!! =)

Pin It

Hello and Happy Wednesday!!
I wanted to share a Project I made for the Design Memory Craft Blog!! I was Inspired by the JRFC097

JustRite Papercraft Friday Challenge #097 and here is what I came up with!! I created the base for my card by Stamping and embossing on vellum and then I colored on the backside of the vellum with the Metallic Green Gelatos!! I LOVE the look it gives and though its hard to see in the pictures in real life you can see alittle of the shimmer coming through!! I hope you'll check out my post on the Design Memory Craft Blog for the Video and a step by step of how to create this FUN Background!!
   


 
I used the Chevron Stripes Background stamp along with the Large Label from the Grateful Heart Vintage Labels Two Stamp set and the coordinating Die that I layered with another die that was cut in half!! I used the Large Label and Insert Label Stamp from the Botanical Medallions & Banners   Stamp Set along with the Daisies that I stamped three times and layered together for a FUN 3-D look!! I used the coordinating Dies to die cut the labels before I stamped them!!  I colored the Daisies with the Faber-Castell Stamper's Big Brush Pens and then added some Stampendous Micro Glitter for the centers!! I Up Cycled a Postage Stamp that was the Butterfly it came on one of my husbands packages and I just couldn't throw it away so I cut it out and added it to my card!! How LUCKY was I that it goes so GREAT with my card and the color scheme!!?? It was MEANT TO BE!! =)
I added some buttons with May Arts Twine and that finished off my card!!
THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)
 
COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Larissa! I like how you up cycled the postage stamp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS, Larissa!!! Your chevron BG is fabulous and I like your layering, those beautiful flowers and that up-cycled butterfly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO PRETTY! Love how you made those flowers POP! Thanks for joining again at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh! OMGOodness! This is soo beautiful!!!! I love all the layers and the intricate design patterns! Beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larissa...your card is gorgeous. Love the colors and the chevron pattern in the background. That vintage dimensional label on top is really beautifully done. The flowers and butterfly are amazing! I also wanted to thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog regarding my melt art mania piece for Ranger! Have a wonderful weekend! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)